How much does Massage Therapy cost?
How much does massage therapy cost in London? Well that depends on the individual and the individual’s need. Many employee benefits plans offer partial or full reimbursement for Massage Therapy. If your plan requires a doctor referral it is as simple as getting a doctor’s note. Here are the clinic rates for massage therapy:
30 minutes $55 (includes HST)
45 minutes $68 (includes HST)
60 minutes $80 (includes HST)
75 minutes $95 (includes HST)
90 minutes $115 (includes HST)
120 minutes $160 (includes HST)
*Please note, all prices INCLUDE HST
HOT STONE MASSAGE
60 minutes $113.00 (includes HST)
75 minutes $141.25 (includes HST)
90 minutes $169.50 (includes HST)
ONSITE REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPY (In hospital, or in home)
60 minutes onsite $135 (includes HST)
75 minutes onsite $150 (includes HST)
90 minutes onsite $180 (includes HST)
Massage therapy is not publicly funded by the provincial government in Ontario. Individual clients, either directly, or through an insurance plan, pay for massage therapy services.
The Registered Massage Therapists’ Association of Ontario (RMTAO) has published this Guideline to assist individuals who receive services from a Registered Massage Therapist in understanding the fee structure and the legal and practice requirements with which massage therapists must comply.
CONSIDER GIVING THE GIFT OF MASSAGE THERAPY.
MASSAGE THERAPY AND INSURANCE
When paying through an insurance plan, some Massage Therapists will bill directly while others will require payment for the client who then submits the claim to their insurance provider.
Some insurance plans may require a physician’s referral prior to the start of massage therapy treatments while others allow treatment without referrals. Most plans have a maximum amount available. Please consult your extended health benefit plan.
The following is a summary of reimbursement options available:
- Employer Sponsored Extended Health Insurance Plans, which may be administered by private companies
- Consumer Purchased Extended Health Insurance Plans
- Veterans Affairs Canada, in the case of war veterans
- Private Automobile Insurance Companies, in the case of clients who are victims of motor vehicle accidents (under authority of the Auto Insurance Rate Stability Act, 1996)
- The Work Place Safety and Insurance Board, in the case of workers injured on a work site (under the authority of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997)
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (for members of the RCMP)
- Transportation to a massage therapy office may also be reimbursed to persons who qualify under the Ontario Disability Support Programme.